Monday, June 25, 2007

Stress and Depression

Been a little while since I last posted. Not a real big bible study today. I've been stressed and a little depressed. It's been a busy 2 weeks. I found this encouraging:


"When my heart was embittered (חָמוּץ Grieved) And I was pierced within, Then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before You. Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides (with) You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God (אֱלֹהִים Elohiym) is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For, behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, the nearness of God (אֱלֹהִים Elohiym) is my good; I have made the Lord (אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay) God (יְהוִה Yâhovah) my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works." (Psalm 73:21-28, NASB95)



Two new names of God today:


136 אֲדֹנָי [’Adonay /ad·o·noy/] n m. Am emphatic form of 113; TWOT 27b; GK 151; 434 occurrences; AV translates as “Lord” 431 times, “lord” twice, and “God” once. 1 my lord, lord. 1a of men. 1b of God. 2 Lord—title, spoken in place of Yahweh in Jewish display of reverence.

Strong, J. (1996). The exhaustive concordance of the Bible : Showing every word of the text of the common English version of the canonical books, and every occurrence of each word in regular order. (electronic ed.) (H136). Ontario: Woodside Bible Fellowship.



3068 יהוה, יְהוִה [Yâhovah /yeh·ho·vaw/] n pr dei. From 1961; TWOT 484a; GK 3378; 6519 occurrences; AV translates as “LORD” 6510 times, “GOD” four times, “JEHOVAH” four times, and “variant” once. 1 the proper name of the one true God. 1a unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of 0136. Additional Information: Jehovah = “the existing One”.
Strong, J. (1996). The exhaustive concordance of the Bible : Showing every word of the text of the common English version of the canonical books, and every occurrence of each word in regular order. (electronic ed.) (H3068). Ontario: Woodside Bible Fellowship.

I like 'Adonay.

"Today, I pray to you, Oh God. I pray for guidance, and strength and understanding. Forgive me Lord, for my distractions. I have let the hussle of life overwhelm me. Restore me now, as I lift my eyes to you, Father. I trust you with my life. Take the pain from my heart, lift the fog from my face. My heart is weak, God, be my strength. Be my refuge. Shelter me from my enemies, even my own thoughts. Create in me the man you would have me be, Lord. Give me wisdom and grace. 'Adonay, Guide me. I am your servant.

Amen."

1 comment:

lucius said...

May the Exsisting One guide us down the path until we reach Glory.
To the "I am";
"your words called all things into being, you have always been and will always be, greatness beams from your being, give us a glimpse of your Infinite Glory so we might fall to our faces overwhelmed with Holiness"....ahhhhh it would feel so good...